#uklibchat LIVE at Library Camp
On Saturday the #uklibchat team facilitated a session on careers at Library Camp 2012. While technology let us down somewhat (the patchy wifi at the venue meant we could only tweet with phones, and couldn’t set up a projector screen with the Twitter stream as we had hoped), we still had a really good discussion, with lots of people turning up for the session, and input from afar via Twitter.
We have archived the tweets from the session in a Storify, and have gathered blog posts about the session below. If anyone else has blogged about the session, please let us know either in the comments or mention @uklibchat on Twitter, and we’ll link to your posts. The photos below are by Jen and Sarah, thank you for being our photographers!
Blog posts about the session
- CriticalSteph, #uklibchat in RL!
- Bookshelf Guardian, libcampuk12
- Rachel’s Big Adventure, Library Camp 2012
- The Neon Librarian, Library Camp 2012
Links from the session
Places to find job adverts:
- Word of mouth
- Twitter (especially @sarahcchilds‘ tweets!)
- Jinfo Jobs in Information
- Bronagh McCrudden, ‘Would you work for free? Unpaid work and how to make it count’ in CILIP Career Develepment Group’s Impact journal, Autumn 2010
- Higher Education Academy professional recognition scheme
There was a session on Career Development at the mini Library Camp at Brunel, and Marie Cannon has written a summary of the session (with lots of links) on her blog.
Thank you everyone who came to our session both physically and virtually! We enjoyed it and hope you did too.