#uklibchat summary – 7th June: Resilience in the workplace
June’s chat on ‘Resilience in the workplace: managine stress and anxiety’ has been archived on Storify, you can read it here.
Prior to the chat David posted a collection of links to relevant resources which can be found here. In the run up to the chat and during it, participants shared many links that they had found useful or interesting. I have gathered these together below:
- Andre Spicer and Carl Cederstrom, The Wellness Syndrome. ISBN 9780745655611
- Richard Brouillete, Why Therapists Should Talk Politics
- Maria Konnikova, How People Learn to Become Resilient
- MIND, Mentally Healthy Workplaces
- The Mindfulness Project, I Am Here Now: a Creative Mindfulness Guide and Journal. ISBN 9781785030772. Also their website.
- Headspace app (mentioned but not tried)
- Guruyoga app – possibly this?
- Sherry Moss, Why Some Bosses Bully Their Best Employees
- Peter Macauley, Managing Burnout in the Workplace: a Guide for Information Professionals
- Boss Lady Writes, Protecting You From Yourself is Not Failing
- Kirsten Lamb, Who Are You and What Have You Done with my Imposter Syndrome?
- Even Better Place to Work tools
- When Stress Helps You Get More Done
- Alice G. Walton, Anxiety is Twice as Common in Women as Men, Survey Finds
- Erin Reid and Lakshmi Ramarajan, Managing the High-Intensity Workplace